Saturday, September 13, 2008

I don't like Ike

Well, the worst of the storm is over, and I am grateful that I only lost power for about 5.5 hours staring at 2:00 am. I had gone outside a few times to see what was happening, and there was almost no rain, even at 3 am. When the power came back on around 7:30, it was raining like crazy.
Sometime between my 3 am trip downstairs and 7:30, a tree went down right at the corner of the complex:


Street Side:


I took my trusty DeWalt 18V reciprocating saw down and cleared the left lane of the street so people can get through:


All in all, I consider myself very blessed that there was no damage, no long-term power outage, and no flooding in my area. Water pressure is very low due to a power outage at a main pumping station.
There are millions without power, especially in the coastal areas which just got whalloped. I'm a little North of I-10 on the West side of Houston, so really only got "medium" winds/rain.

I think the power is down at my employer, the website is not reachable (we stupidly host our own site).

I reckon that's it for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and thanks again for the open house and foodage. this brother appreciates it very much.